Do you like chocolate? Maybe yes. How can you not love this tasty and healthy product. Moreover, there is such a huge selection of chocolate in stores. For every taste.
But I must say that the quality of some products does not inspire confidence. And it is much more pleasant and useful to enjoy those products in which you are confident. So I decided to make homemade dark chocolate. Learn how to do this in this article.
Ingredients for making chocolate
For chocolate we need – cacao liquor (mass), cacao butter and coconut sugar. Jerusalem artichoke syrup can also be used as a sweetener.
Loose ingredients must first be crushed into powder. Otherwise, grains will be heard in the finished chocolate. There are many offers of cacao liquor and cacao butter on sale. Choose any and try.
You can make natural dark chocolate without any sweetener. Or replace it with powder, cacao liquor. But this will be a different recipe.
How to make homemade chocolate
We will cook chocolate without special equipment, in a water bath. I must say that the cooking process is quite simple. All we need is a saucepan, a bowl, and a cooking thermometer. It will be difficult to make real chocolate without a thermometer.
Now let’s get started.
First, let’s prepare our ingredients. Grind coconut sugar in a coffee grinder to obtain powder. Grate cacao liquor (mass) and cacao butter on a coarse grater or finely chop. We put everything in a bowl.
After that, put the bowl on a saucepan with hot water and, stirring constantly, melt the mass. It is better to stir with a silicone spatula. When the cacao mass and cacao butter are melted, check the temperature. We are waiting for the mass to heat up to 45 ° C / 113 ° F.
Then remove the container with chocolate from the water bath and start the tempering process (cool the chocolate to the required temperature).
To cool the mass faster, you can transfer it to another container. While stirring constantly with a spatula, cool the chocolate to 27 ° C / 80 ° F. When the required temperature is reached, pour it into molds.
Forms can be any: plastic, silicone or polycarbonate. Before pouring, the mold must be washed and rubbed with alcohol.
You can pour the chocolate mass onto parchment and, after hardening, break it into pieces.
Glass, ceramic and metal dishes are not suitable as a mold. Chocolate sticks to them very strongly after hardening. Therefore, the container where the chocolate was melted must be washed before it hardens.
Now let’s get back to our chocolate.
If you have carried out the tempering process correctly, the chocolate in the mold will solidify in 15 to 20 minutes. After that, it can be refrigerated for 1 hour to solidify completely.
After that, we are happy to taste our delicious homemade chocolate!
Are you ready to make homemade chocolate and enjoy this incredible taste?
Write your impressions in the comments.
Enjoy your meal!
Be healthy and love yourself!
P.S. Get your white chocolate with almond flour recipe without refined sugar.
Homemade CHOCOLATE. New Recipe.
In this video, I slightly modified the recipe. Made the chocolate less bitter and added maple syrup instead of coconut sugar. Happy viewing!
Homemade dark chocolate (Refined sugar free)Course: Chocolate, Recipes
100 g – cacao liquor (mass)
50 g – cacao butter
3 tablespoons (35 g) – powdered coconut sugar, can be replaced with Jerusalem artichoke syrup in the same amount.
- Grind coconut sugar in a coffee grinder until powder is obtained.
- Grate cacao liquor (mass) and cacaobutter on a coarse grater or finely chop.
- We put everything in a bowl. We put the bowl on a saucepan with hot water and, stirring constantly, melt the mass. It is better to stir with a silicone spatula.
- When the cacao mass and butter is melted, check the temperature. We are waiting for the mass to heat up to 45 ° C / 113 ° F.
- Remove the container with chocolate from the water bath and start the tempering process (cool the chocolate to the desired temperature).
- To make the mass cool faster, you can transfer it to another container.
- Stir constantly with a spatula and cool the chocolate to 27 ° C / 80 ° F. When the required temperature is reached, pour it into molds.
- If you have carried out the tempering process correctly, the chocolate in the mold will solidify in 15 to 20 minutes.
- After that, we put the forms in the refrigerator for 1 hour to solidify completely.
- Enjoy a natural homemade product!
- If you want hard and shiny chocolate, don’t use honey as a sweetener. It makes the chocolate loose and soft. By the way, neither honey nor other liquid sweeteners are suitable for making white chocolate. Only loose. But this is a different recipe.