Today I want to offer you a recipe for delicious muffins. We will cook them without using sugar or wheat flour. Muffins are soft and airy.
It will take us 35 minutes and a good mood to prepare this delicious dessert.
So, to make low calorie muffins we need these ingredients:
- Oat flour or ground oatmeal. Pre-grind the flakes in a blender or coffee grinder.
- Chicken egg – you can replace it with a mixture of flax.
- Milk – You can use coconut or oat milk instead of regular milk.
- Yoghurt – no sugar and additives.
- Lemon zest – rub only the yellow part of the peel. White pulp gives bitterness.
- Baking powder – for raising the dough.
- Honey is for sweetness. Can be replaced with Jerusalem artichoke syrup or maple.
- Banana – add flavor to muffins, use only ripe ones.
- Raisins are a filling for a cake. Before cooking, cover with hot water for 1 hour.
- Butter – will give lightness to the dessert. You can use coconut oil instead.
The process of making cupcakes dough
Sift the oat flour and add baking powder to it. Melt the butter over low heat. The butter can be melted in the microwave in short pulses. It should only melt but not boil.
Grind the banana in a blender. Transfer the resulting banana puree into a deep container and add milk, yogurt, lemon zest, honey, raisins, melted butter. Mix all the liquid ingredients with a mixer, whisk or spatula. Add flour with baking powder to the resulting mass and mix.
Moving on to baking
We transfer the dough into a pastry bag. You can use a plastic bag instead of a piping bag. We put individual paper cupcakes in a metal mold and fill 3/4 of the volume with dough. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. We put the form with the dough in the oven for 20 minutes. We check the readiness of the muffins with a toothpick or a match. When the muffins are ready, there should be no dough left on the toothpick. Remove the cupcakes from the iron pan and cool them to room temperature.
And we enjoy a delicious and healthy dessert.
Be healthy and love yourself!
Gluten free banana raisin muffinsCourse: RecipesCuisine: American
100 g oat flour or ground oatmeal
1 chicken egg
3 tablespoons milk.
40 g sugar-free yogurt
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon honey
150 g (1 – 2 pieces) banana
40 g butter
50 g raisins
- Dough preparation
- Sift the oat flour and add baking powder.
- Melt the butter over low heat or microwave.
- Grind the banana in a blender. We transfer it to a deep container and add milk, yogurt, lemon zest, honey, raisins, melted butter.
Mix all the liquid ingredients with a mixer, whisk or spatula.
- Add flour with baking powder to the resulting mass and mix.
- We transfer the dough into a pastry bag. You can use a plastic bag instead of a piping bag.
- We put paper muffin molds in a metal mold and fill 3/4 of the volume with dough.
- Heat the oven to 350ºF and bake the muffins for 20 minutes. We check the readiness of the muffins with a toothpick or a match. There should be no dough left on the toothpick.
- Remove the muffins from the iron pan and cool them to room temperature.
- Instead of oatmeal, you can use whole grain, spelled flour, or mix the proportions of different types of flour. We take long-cooked oatmeal, not instant. This volume of ingredients makes 6 muffins. The diameter of the bottom of the mold cells is 5.5 cm.