These Chocolate Apple Crumble Bars are full of flavor and aroma. These vegan Crumble Bars are free of refined sugar. The taste of dark chocolate combined with apples and cinnamon is simply amazing. And the crumbly texture does not leave you indifferent to such a dessert.
This is my second Crumble Bars recipe. The first was Plum Crumble Bars gluten free. I also really liked them. Chocolate Apple Crumble Bars are great for breakfast or a snack. They go great with tea or freshly ground coffee. The recipe for the bars is simple and no special skills or equipment are required to make them.
Chocolate Apple Crumble Bars Ingredients
Crust and crumb
- Whole grain wheat flour. A very good option for a variety of pastries. Muffins, bars, brownies, buns and more. If you are gluten free, replace it with oatmeal.
- Almond flour is another regular ingredient of mine. It gives the bars its flavor and nice texture. Don’t like nuts? Just add whole wheat flour instead.
- Now let’s talk about liquid. Our recipe calls for oil. First, I made softened, refined coconut oil. But it turned out to be not enough and I decided to add refined olive oil. You can use any one. It’s up to you.
- Coconut sugar as a sweetener. Maple syrup is also good. But then put a little less oil.
- Alkalized cacao powder. You can also take the regular one. But alkalized cacao is richer.
Everything is simple here. Apples, cinnamon, tapioca starch and dark chocolate without refined sugar. Delicious and healthy chocolate is easy to prepare. How to do this, read this article.
In addition to the ingredients, we need a square form 20 x 20 cm, parchment and a baking sheet. I have a form without a bottom, so I need a baking sheet.
How to make Chocolate Apple Crumble Bars
We will make dough for Crumble Bars in one container. First, mix whole wheat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar and cacao. Then add refined coconut oil and olive oil. Knead the dough. Collect all dry ingredients in one lump. The dough should crumble easily. And don’t be sticky.
Separate the third part for crumbs from the finished dough and set aside. From the greater part we will make a crust. Spread the dough evenly on the bottom of the mold. Don’t forget parchment first. I put parchment in the form on the bottom and walls in one sheet.
The crust of the bars is ready. Now let’s prepare the filling. Peel the apples and cut into pieces about 1 cm. Then add tapioca starch, chocolate chips and cinnamon to the apples. Distribute the apple filling over the crust. Then crumble the remaining dough on top. and lightly press it down. Bake Crumble Bars 35 – 40 minutes at 180°C/350°F until crust is dry. Cool the finished bars on a baking sheet. Then cut the Crumble Bars into pieces. Store Chocolate Apple Crumble Bars in a covered container on the counter for three days and in the refrigerator for seven days.
Prepare this delicious dessert and write your impressions.
Enjoy your meals!
Be healthy and love yourself!
Chocolate Apple Crumble Bars ( Vegan | Refined sugar free)Course: Vegan
3 cups (420g) whole wheat flour
1 cup (100g) almond flour
4 tablespoons coconut sugar
2 tablespoons cacao powder
0.5 cup softened refined coconut oil
6 tablespoons refined olive oil
- Apple filling
3 cups (3 medium-sized) apples in pieces
0.5 cup chocolate chips
1 tablespoon tapioca starch
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Turn on the oven at 180°C/350°F. Line the bottom and sides of the pan with parchment paper.
- Mix whole wheat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar and cacao.
- Add refined coconut oil and refined olive oil. Knead the dough. Collect all dry ingredients in one lump. The dough should crumble easily.
- Peel the apples and cut into pieces about 1 cm. Add tapioca starch, cinnamon and chocolate chips to the apples.
- Put 2/3 of the dough on the bottom of the form. Spread the apple filling on top.
- Crumble the remaining dough on top of the filling.
- Bake until done 35-40 minutes. Cool the finished bars in the form. Then cut into portions.
- Store Chocolate Apple Crumble Bars in a covered container on the counter for three days and in the refrigerator for seven days.
- Cup 250 ml