These Apple Cinnamon Crumble Bars are flavorful and delicious. Apples and cinnamon are just a magical combination. Last week I made chocolate crumble. It differs from today’s dessert by the presence of cocoa and chocolate. And it has no cinnamon.
Apple Cinnamon Crumble Bars is vegan and no refined sugar. It’s easy and quick to prepare.
Apple Cinnamon Crumble Bars Ingredients
The base of Crumble Bars is whole wheat flour and almond flour. If you are gluten free, take oatmeal.
As a sweetener maple syrup. You can use honey instead. But then you won’t get vegan bars. There is also water and refined coconut oil in the recipe. Instead of coconut oil, any vegetable oil will do. Preferably without a specific flavor.
And completes the list of main ingredients apples. cinnamon and vanilla extract. I took apples for Apple Cinnamon Crumble with a slight sourness. I like the taste contrast of sweet dough and a little sourness of apples.
Also for cooking you will need a large bowl, a square shape 20 x 20 cm, parchment and a baking sheet. I have a form without a bottom, so I need a baking sheet.
How to make Apple Cinnamon Crumble Bars
And so we begin. First turn on the oven at 180°C/350°F. Then put parchment into the form on the bottom and walls with one sheet.
And we proceed directly to the preparation of Crumble Bars. For this we need a large bowl. In it, first mix whole wheat flour, almond flour and cinnamon. Then add melted coconut oil, maple syrup, water and vanilla extract. Mix everything well until the dry ingredients come together in one lump. In this case, the dough should crumble slightly.
Separate the third part from the finished dough. We use it for crumbs. Put most of the dough on the bottom of the form. After that, cut the apples into pieces about 1 cm.
Add tapioca starch and cinnamon to them. And put the apple filling on the crust. Lightly press the apples with a spatula. Then crumble the remaining dough into small pieces on top of the apples.
Bake Apple Cinnamon Crumble Bars for 35 – 40 minutes. Remove the finished dessert from the oven and cool in the form. After cooling, cut Crumble Bars into serving pieces.
Store Apple Cinnamon Crumble Bars in a container in the refrigerator for seven days. This dessert also keeps well in the freezer.
Prepare bars and write your impressions.
Enjoy your meals!
Be healthy and love yourself!
Apple Cinnamon Crumble Bars ( Vegan | Refined sugar free)Course: Vegan
2 cups (280g) whole wheat flour
1 cup (100g) almond flour
12 tablespoons refined coconut oil
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Apple filling
3 cups apples (1 cm pieces) 3 medium sized pieces
1 tablespoon tapioca starch
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Line the bottom and sides of the pan with one sheet of parchment paper.
- Mix whole wheat flour with almond flour and cinnamon.
- Add melted refined coconut oil, maple syrup, water and vanilla extract. Mix everything until the dry ingredients come together. add some water if necessary.
- Separate a third of the crumb dough. Put most of it on the bottom of the mold.
- Cut apples into pieces and add tapioca starch and cinnamon to them. Put the apple filling on the crust. Press the apples lightly with a spatula.
- Break the rest of the dough into small pieces for the apples.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes at 180°C/350°F. Chill the finished Apple Cinnamon Crumble Bars in the form.
- Store Apple Cinnamon Crumble Bars in a container in the refrigerator for seven days. This dessert also keeps well in the freezer.
- Cup 250ml