This Vegan Cranberry Saffron Cake is flavorful and delicious. This vegan dessert contains no refined sugar. The magical aroma of saffron draws to this vegan cake. And dried cranberries complement the delicious taste. I love cranberries in baked goods. It adds a slight sourness and contrasts with sweetness.
This is my first saffron baking experience. And I liked him. Saffron Cake is perfect for breakfast and snacks. For its preparation, something unusual is not required. Well, maybe saffron. But without it, it would be a completely different dessert.
Vegan Cranberry Saffron Cake Ingredients
Vegan Cranberry Saffron Cake requires eight ingredients.
- Whole wheat flour. It is very suitable for baking. It can be replaced with oat flour. And then you get a Gluten-Free dessert.
- Almond flour. Another favorite of mine. It goes well with any flour in any dessert. If you are not eating nuts, add more whole wheat flour.
- Coconut sugar as a sweetener. It can be replaced with any sweetener you like.
- Saffron thread. Ground saffron is also suitable for cooking. Take what you have.
- Unsweetened oat milk is the liquid ingredient in the recipe. You can do with water.
- Refined olive oil. Also an optional ingredient. Instead, you can take any vegetable oil without a clear aroma.
- Dried cranberries. It is advisable not to replace it with anything.
- And at the end of the list of ingredients, baking powder.
You will also need a baking dish and parchment for baking. I have a round shape of 18 cm. Saffron Cake can be baked in any shape. Round or square.
How to make Saffron Cake
In the beginning, there was a little preparation. Turn the oven at 180 ° C / 350 ° F. Then put the parchment in the mold on the bottom and sides. Now let’s start preparing the Saffron Cake.
Pour hot water over dried cranberries for 10 minutes. So that she softens a little. Then you need to grind and grind the saffron thread. Cut the saffron straight away with a knife. Then crush in a mortar. If there is one. Or skip this step and immediately pour two tablespoons of hot water over the saffron. So that he brewed for 25 – 30 minutes. And go directly to the dough.
In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients. These are whole wheat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, and baking powder. Add oat milk, refined olive oil, dried cranberries, and saffron to the flour mixture along with water. Mix everything well. The dough should be of medium thickness.
Then place the dough on the parchment in a mold. I laid the parchment on the bottom and sides in one sheet. This way the cake does not stick to the mold and is easier to pull out.
Bake Vegan Cranberry Saffron Cake 35 – 40 minutes until you dry a toothpick. Cool the finished Saffron Cake on a wire rack to room temperature. And enjoy a delicious dessert.
Store Vegan Saffron Cake in a closed container on the counter for three days and refrigerated for seven days.
Prepare this delicious dessert and write your impressions.
Enjoy your meal!
Be healthy and love yourself!
Vegan Cranberry Saffron Cake (Refined sugar free)Course: Recipes, Vegan
2 cups (240g) whole wheat flour
0.5 cups (50g) almond flour
250g unsweetened oat milk
5 tablespoons coconut sugar
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons refined olive oil
0.5 cups dried cranberries
1/3 teaspoon saffron thread or ground
- Grind the saffron thread and add two tablespoons of hot water for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Combine whole wheat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, and baking powder.
- Add oat milk, refined olive oil, dried cranberries, and saffron along with water.
- Place the dough on the parchment in an 18 cm round dish. Bake 35-40 minutes at 180 ° C / 350 ° F until dry with a toothpick. Then refrigerate the cake on the wire rack.
- Store Vegan Saffron Cake in a closed container on the counter for three days and refrigerated for seven days.
- Cup for measuring ingredients 250ml.