This Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake is a rich cinnamon flavor with no refined sugar. The caramel apples combined with the airy texture of the cake are simply delicious. This vegan dessert is made with simple ingredients.
Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake Ingredients
Apple Upside Down Cake will be made from whole wheat flour. It is high in fiber and is good for baking. If you don’t eat gluten, substitute oatmeal for it.
There is also almond flour in the recipe. She will add a nutty flavor to our dessert. You can do without almonds if you wish. And add whole wheat flour instead.
Add coconut sugar to the dough for sweetness. Use whatever sweetener you like.
In addition to free-flowing ingredients, there are liquid ingredients in the apple cake recipe. This is water and refined coconut oil. Water can be substituted for unsweetened vegetable milk. Use the oil of your choice as well. Only it must be vegetable.
Now let’s move on to the fragrant part. In it we have cinnamon and vanilla extract. You can’t do without them.
I almost forgot to mention the apples. We still have apple cake. Choose hard varieties of apples. So that after baking they do not turn into jam.
We figured out the ingredients. We also need a round shape 18 cm and parchment. And now we turn to the preparation of our dessert.
How to Make Upside Down Cake
Cooking Apple Upside Down Cake starts with two main points. Start by turning the oven at 180 ° C / 350 ° F. Then put the parchment on the bottom and sides in one sheet into the mold. So that during the baking process, the juice from the apples does not fall on the mold.
And start preparing apple cake.
Before kneading the dough, you need to prepare the apples. Peel them and remove seeds. Then cut the apples into 3 – 5 mm thin slices. Sprinkle the apple slices one tablespoon at a time with coconut sugar and tapioca flour. And set it aside.
In a bowl, combine whole wheat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder. Then add water, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract. Mix everything well. The dough should be of medium thickness.
Now we proceed to the most creative work of laying out the apples on the bottom of the mold. After this procedure, I have some apples left. Cut them into small pieces and add to the dough. Put the finished dough in a mold on top of the apples and smooth with a silicone spatula.
Bake the Apple Upside Down Cake 35 – 40 minutes until you dry your teeth. When the apple cake is ready, let it cool in the mold on the table for 30 minutes. Then we will demonstrate sleight of hand. If you have a split mold, first remove the ring. Then place a flat plate on top of the cake and with a quick motion supporting the bottom, turn the apple cake over. And carefully remove the parchment.
All our Apple Upside Down Cake is ready. Enjoy.
Be healthy and love yourself!
Caramel Apple Upside Down Cake (Vegan | Refined sugar free)Course: Vegan
1.5 cups (180g) whole wheat flour
2/3 cup (70g) almond flour
200g water or unsweetened vegetable milk
5 tablespoons coconut sugar
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons refined coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Apple layer
2 pieces medium apple
1 tablespoon tapioca flour
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- Turn the oven at 180 ° C / 350 ° F. Put parchment in a round shape 18 cm on the bottom and sides.
- Combine whole wheat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder.
- Add water, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Peel the apples and cut into slices 3 – 5mm thick. Add a tablespoon of coconut sugar and tapioca flour to the apples. Place the apple slices on the bottom of the mold.
- Cut the remaining apples into small pieces and add to the dough. And stir.
- Place the dough on top of the apples in a mold.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes until toothpick dry and firm in the middle. Let cool for 30 minutes in the pan on the table.
- Disassemble the shape carefully and remove the ring. If the pan is split: Place a flat plate on top of the cake and turn the dessert over while supporting the bottom. Then remove the parchment.
- And Enjoy.
- Store Apple Upside Down Cake in the container on the counter for three days and seven days in the refrigerator.
- Cup 250 ml.