I suggest you make special muffins – completely vegan. They contain no refined sugar. These ginger-chocolate muffins are very fluffy.
And the rich taste of chocolate will not leave you indifferent to this delicacy. It doesn’t take long to make chocolate muffins. And special skills. You can substitute some of the ingredients as you wish.
Ingredients for muffins
- One of the main ingredients in gingerbread chocolate muffins is whole wheat flour. If you do not eat foods containing gluten, then replace this flour with oatmeal. But then the texture of the muffins will change. Whole grain flour makes muffins fluffy, with a spicy, coarse texture.
- Another ingredient that will help make our dessert airy is almond flour. I prepare it myself. To do this, you need to grind the almonds in a blender. Peel the almonds before chopping.
- You can also take any nut flour. If nuts don’t suit you, use a smaller amount of whole grain instead of almond flour.
- The liquid ingredient in the recipe is sugar-free oat milk. Use any plant-based milk instead or water. Oat milk is easy to make. How look here.
- There is also vegetable oil in the recipe. I took refined olive. Anyone will do for you.
- Two other important ingredients for ginger chocolate muffins are cacao powder and sugar-free chocolate. I have chocolate in my own recipe. Try to cook it yourself. You will like it. And you will no longer buy chocolate in the store. A detailed description of the process of making homemade chocolate is on my website.
- Ground ginger and cinnamon will add more aroma and magical taste to muffins.
- For the sweetness of our dessert, take Jerusalem artichoke syrup and coconut sugar. Instead of these sweeteners, you can use any sweetener of your choice.
- Also a baking powder for dough.
These are the ingredients we need to make homemade muffins. Now let’s move on to baking the treats.
How to make gingerbread chocolate muffins
Turn the oven on at 180 ° C / 355 ° F. We insert paper inserts into the cells of the muffin mold. If there are no paper inserts, then grease the mold with oil.
While the oven is heating, prepare the liquid and dry ingredients.
Sift whole grain flour. The flour sifted through a sieve becomes looser and more airy. What remains in the sieve is sent to the sifted flour.
Then add almond flour, cacao powder, ground ginger, cinnamon and baking powder to the whole grain. We mix everything.
Next, in a separate container, mix oat milk, vegetable oil, syrup and coconut sugar.
After that, add the liquid ingredients to the dry ones and mix with a whisk. The chocolate muffin dough is almost done.
It remains to add chocolate to it.
To do this, cut the chocolate into pieces of about 5mm. In the process of cutting, in addition to these pieces, there will be smaller ones. We mix this little chocolate chip into the dough. Thus, half of the chocolate will go into the dough. Decorate the muffins with the rest of the chocolate before baking.
We spread the dough into the mold cells using a pastry bag. I fill the shape 3 to 5 mm below the edge. Put the pieces of chocolate on top of the dough. And press them down.
We bake muffins for 20 minutes. We check the readiness with a toothpick. It must be dry.
When ready, remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool.
And enjoy a delicious homemade dessert!
As you can see, making ginger and chocolate muffins is very easy.
Prepare this airy treat and write your impressions.
Enjoy your meal!
Be healthy and love yourself!
Ginger Chocolate Muffins (Refined sugar free | Vegan)Course: Chocolate, Vegan
3 tablespoons (65g) whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons (40g) – almond flour
100 g – oat milk or any vegetable
2 tablespoons – cacao powder
30 g – dark chocolate without sugar
2 tablespoons – Jerusalem artichoke syrup, any syrup will do
2 tablespoons (30g) coconut sugar
3 tablespoons – vegetable oil, I have refined olive
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Turn the oven on at 180 ° C / 355 ° F. We insert paper inserts into the cells of the muffin mold. If there are no paper inserts, then grease the mold with oil.
- Sift whole grain flour. The flour sifted through a sieve becomes looser and more airy. What remains in the sieve is sent to the sifted flour.
- Add to the whole grain almond flour, cacao powder, ground ginger, cinnamon and baking powder. We mix everything.
- Mix oat milk, vegetable oil, syrup and coconut sugar in a separate container.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix with a whisk.
- Cut the chocolate into approximately 5 mm pieces. In the process of cutting, in addition to these pieces, there will be smaller ones. We mix the small chocolate chips into the dough. Half of the chocolate will go into the dough.
- Fill the shape 3 – 5 mm below the edge. Put the pieces of chocolate on top of the dough.
- We bake muffins for 20 minutes. We check the readiness with a toothpick. It must be dry.
- When ready, remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool.