Want to try a delicious dessert without baking?
Today I want to offer you an original treat.
These are healthy chocolate almond truffles.
It is very easy to prepare them. By the way, you can take this recipe as a basis. And by changing some ingredients, you get a new taste every time. Most importantly, it is a treat without refined sugar or other sweeteners.
What’s interesting? Then let’s get started.
Ingredients for truffles
There are several ingredients in truffles. Some you can replace if you like. It all depends on your preference.
- The main component of our treat is dates. They give sweetness and bind the mass into a single whole. We take dates without seeds.
- The next ingredient is nuts. I have almonds in my recipe. You take what you like. I took almonds in the form of flour. But you can also use the whole one.
- We will cook chocolate truffles. So, you will need cacao powder and sugar-free dark chocolate. Chocolate can be replaced with grated cacao.
- For aroma – a little vanilla extract.
The ingredients are ready. Let’s move on to the cooking process.
How to make sugar-free chocolate almond truffles:
First, we peel the dates. Then we soak them in warm water. The time for soaking dates depends on how dry they are. For some varieties, 30 minutes is enough. For others, it will take 2 hours. Adjust the time yourself. The dates should be soft. Then in a blender they will break into a homogeneous mass.
After that, we grind our ingredients in a blender. If you have whole nuts, load them into a blender along with the dates. Add a little water and grind until smooth. I have almond flour. I chopped only the dates.
Then in another container he mixed almond flour and date mass. Add cacao powder, vanilla extract to the date-nut mass and mix.
Melt the chocolate in a water bath or microwave. And we pour it into the truffle mass. Mix everything well.
After that, put the container with the date-walnut-chocolate mass in the refrigerator for 2 hours to stabilize. And better for 5 hours. After this time, form balls and bread them in cacao or chopped nuts. Truffles can be glazed with chocolate.
Now our delicious dessert is ready. Store truffles in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for seven days. For longer storage, put the dessert in the freezer.
Prepare chocolate truffles and write your impressions.
Enjoy your meal!
Be healthy and love yourself!
Chocolate almond truffles (Refined sugar free)Course: Gluten free, Vegan
1.5 cups – pitted dates
1 cup – almond flour or almonds, any nuts will do
3 tablespoons – cacao powder
50 g – bitter dark chocolate without sugar or cacao mass
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cacao powder
1 tablespoon – chopped nuts
- We clean the dates from the seeds. Then we soak them in warm water. The dates should be soft.
- If you have whole nuts, load them into a blender along with the dates. Add a little water and grind until smooth.
- Add cacao powder, vanilla extract to the date-nut mass and mix.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath or microwave. And we pour it into the truffle mass.
- Put the container with the date-walnut-chocolate mass in the refrigerator for 2 hours to stabilize.
- We form balls and bread them in cacao or chopped nuts. Truffles can be glazed with chocolate.