Do you like marshmallows? I love. It is so delicious, soft and airy. By the way, I recently tried to make a marshmallow recipe with applesauce. But something went wrong … I was not satisfied with the result.
And now I decided to try a simplified version of marshmallow.
What came out of this experiment? You will find out now.
I will tell you in detail how to make a delicious marshmallow at home.
There are few ingredients in the recipe. You can replace some of them, if you wish.
- The main ingredient in our marshmallow is egg whites. Better to use pasteurized. You can buy them at the store. Or do it yourself.
- To solidify the marshmallow, take instant gelatin. Soak it in water and dissolve it.
- The sweetness of the dessert is given by Jerusalem artichoke syrup and a concentrated sweetener based on erythritol and sucralose. You can use your own sweeteners, such as coconut sugar, maple syrup, or erythritol. It depends on your preference.
- Vanilla extract for aroma.
- Cornstarch with powdered coconut sugar and cocoa for breading ready-made marshmallows.
The ingredients are ready. Let’s start making marshmallows.
How to make marshmallow
First, fill the gelatin with water to swell.
Then beat the proteins with a free-flowing sweetener (erythritol with sucralose) with a mixer until a stable mass. It took me 5 minutes. Next, add syrup and vanilla extract to the meringue. And mix for 20 – 30 seconds.
The base for the marshmallow is ready.
Now let’s move on to gelatin. Swollen gelatin must be dissolved. So that it turns out to be liquid without grains. This can be done in the microwave with short pulses. Or in a water bath.
I used a water bath. We heat the gelatin until it becomes liquid and transparent.
Then pour the gelatin into the protein mass in a thin stream. We do this with the mixer turned on. We do not work with a mixer for a long time. My mass began to freeze in a bowl. Therefore, we quickly spread it in a prepared tray with a layer 2 cm thick. Pre-cover the tray with parchment.
Smooth the marshmallow mass with a silicone spatula. If you have time. We cover the tray with cling film and put in the refrigerator for 1 hour to solidify completely.
After the marshmallow has hardened, cut it into cubes. Breaded each piece in a mixture of cornstarch and powdered coconut sugar or cocoa.
That’s all. Our delicious homemade marshmallow is ready. Store it in the refrigerator for 72 hours. Marshmallow stays well in the freezer.
Try to make this sweet treat and write your impressions.
Enjoy your meal!
Do you have your favorite marshmallow recipes?
Be healthy and love yourself!
Delicious homemade marshmallow (Refined sugar free)Course: Gluten free, RecipesCuisine: American
130g (4 pcs) – egg whites
30g – instant gelatin
2 tablespoons (30g) – Jerusalem artichoke syrup or any other
6g – erythritol sweetener with sucralose. It is 10 times sweeter than sugar.
1 teaspoon – vanilla extract.
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon powdered coconut sugar
1 tablespoon cocoa
- Fill the gelatin with cold water to swell.
- Beat the proteins with a free-flowing sweetener with a mixer until a stable mass.
- Add syrup and vanilla extract to the meringue. And mix for 20 – 30 seconds.
- Dissolve the swollen gelatin in a water bath or in a microwave.
- Pour gelatin into the protein mass in a thin stream. We do this with the mixer turned on.
- We spread it in a prepared tray with a layer of 2 cm thick.Pre-cover the tray with parchment.
- We cover the tray with cling film and put in the refrigerator for 1 hour to solidify completely.
- After the marshmallow has hardened, cut it into cubes. Breaded each piece in a mixture of cornstarch and powdered coconut sugar or cocoa.
- In the recipe, I used 6 grams of erythritol and sucralose concentrated sweetener. It is 10 times sweeter than sugar. It turns out that we would need 60g of sugar. When calculating your sweetener, take this volume into account.