These are chewy vegan plum cookies with no refined sugar. It is very soft and delicious. Small pieces of plum make the cookie taste delicious. It is easy and quick to prepare.
The vegan cookie plum recipe comes in handy when you need it most. I wasn’t going to make cookies today. And in general, I had no plans to cook any kind of dessert. But at the request of my close circle, I took up the preparation of goodies.
And the fastest way is to make some cookies. There were plums in the fridge and I decided to add them to the recipe. What came of this, you will now find out.
Ingredients Chewy Vegan Plum Cookies
There are eight ingredients in this cookie recipe. You can replace any of them at your discretion.
- Whole wheat flour. This flour is rich in fiber and various vitamins. It is very suitable for baking cookies, muffins and bars.
- Almond flour. She adds her own flavor to the cookies. If you don’t like nuts, use whole grain flour instead.
- Refined olive oil. It can be replaced with any vegetable oil.
- Add coconut sugar for sweetness. It has a low glycemic index. And a nice caramel taste. Maple syrup is also great for sweetness.
- The liquid ingredient in a cookie recipe is water or unsweetened plant-based milk. For example, oat milk.
- A little baking powder for airy baked goods.
- Plums will be the filling in the cookies. More precisely, just a couple of large plums. Choose hard plums. Then they will not turn into jam during baking. And they are easier to cut into cubes.
- For aroma, vanilla powder or extract.
Besides a small list of ingredients, we need even fewer tools and materials. This is a baking sheet, parchment, and a bowl with a spoon. And a pair of disposable gloves (optional).
So. All is ready. Now let’s start making cookies.
How to make plum cookies
Making vegan plum cookies is a very fun process. And most importantly, fast. We start it by preparing the plums. Peel and peel plums. Then cut into cubes about 7 mm. In general, how it goes.
Now let’s move on to the cookie dough. We will make it in one bowl. First, combine whole wheat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, vanilla powder, and baking powder.
Then add water, refined olive oil and chopped plums to the flour mixture. Mix everything until smooth. The dough should come together in one lump. It is easy to knead it with your hands.
Form a cookie from the finished dough. Choose the size and shape yourself. Place the cookie cutters on a baking sheet. Remember to put some parchment on the baking sheet first. Bake the vegan plum cookies for 12-15 minutes. The baking time depends on the size of the cookie. Remove the finished cookies from the oven and refrigerate on a baking sheet.
Cookie Baking Tips & Tricks
You can make almond flour yourself. To do this, peel the almonds. Then grind it in a blender or coffee grinder. The grinder will do this faster.
Another caveat about whole wheat flour. If you’re gluten-free, replace whole grain flour with gluten-free oat flour. And then you get oatmeal cookies with plums. Also an interesting option.
Store cookies in a sealed container at room temperature for three days and up to seven in the refrigerator.
As you’ve seen, making Vegan Plum Chewy Cookies is easy. Make and share your experiences.
Enjoy your meal!
Be healthy and love yourself!
PIN FOR LATER
Chewy Vegan Plum Cookies (Refined sugar free)Course: Vegan
1.5 cups (180g) whole wheat flour
0.5 cups (50g) almond flour
3 tablespoons refined olive oil
3 tablespoons coconut sugar or maple syrup
100g water or unsweetened vegetable milk
0.5 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup plum chunks (two large)
1 teaspoon vanilla powder or extract
- Turn the oven at 180 ° C / 350 ° F. Place parchment on a baking sheet.
- Peel and seed plums. Cut into 5 – 7 mm cubes.
- In a bowl, combine whole wheat flour, coconut sugar, almond flour, baking powder, and vanilla powder.
- Add refined olive oil, water and plums.
- Form a cookie into any shape, place on a baking sheet.
- Bake the vegan plum cookies for 12 to 16 minutes until the center is firm. The baking time depends on the size of the cookie.
- Chill the finished cookies on a baking sheet.
- Store cookies in a sealed container at room temperature for three days and up to seven in the refrigerator.
- A glass for measuring ingredients 250 ml.