This Gluten-Free Lemon Cheesecake is tender and airy. The rich lemon flavor makes the cheesecake delicious. And all this delight is made without refined sugar.
I love cheesecake in any form. Classic, chocolate, with any fruit. Cream cheese or ricotta cheesecake. Recipes may vary. But there is always a feeling of pleasure.
And today I will share with you my improvisation on the theme of cheesecake.
Ingredients Gluten-Free Lemon Cheesecake
Making Gluten-Free Lemon Cheesecake requires the most common foods. They are easy to find in your kitchen. Or almost easy. If someone left them there.
I used three ingredients in the crust recipe. And no cracker. This will require oat flour, almond flour, and refined olive oil. Olive oil can be substituted with any vegetable oil.
Cheese mass of cheesecake
- The base of the cheesecake is cream cheese. It is with him that the cheesecake will turn out tender. You can use ricotta or some homemade cheese. But then the texture of the cheesecake will be coarser.
- Milk as a liquid ingredient. Last time I used unsweetened yogurt. Now I just forgot to buy it. And I tried adding milk.
- For sweetness, honey or maple syrup. You can replace them with coconut sugar. But he’ll make a cream cheesecake.
- Chicken eggs.
- Lemon juice and zest will give the cheesecake a unique taste.
- Tapioca flour or cornstarch to thicken the curd.
- And vanilla extract for flavor.
In addition to the ingredients, you will need a detachable form of 18 cm, parchment, foil and a frying pan. Why a frying pan and not a baking sheet? Because we will bake the cheesecake in a water bath. And in a frying pan above the board.
How to make Lemon Cheesecake
There are three steps to making a lemon cheesecake. This is the preparation of the crust, cheese mass and the cooling of the cheesecake. The third stage is very difficult. It is very difficult to wait until such yummy hardens.
So let’s get started.
Cooking a cheesecake crust
Everything is simple and fast here. In a bowl, combine oat flour with almond flour. Then add refined olive oil. Put the crust dough on the bottom of a split form. Let’s not forget about the parchment. I prefer to line the bottom and sides of the mold with parchment. This can be done with one sheet or two. Separately on the bottom and walls. Do as you like.
Bake the crust for 10 minutes at 180 ° C / 350 ° F. When ready, remove the dish from the oven and leave it on the table. In the oven, reduce the temperature to 150 ° C / 300 ° F.
Now it’s the turn of the cheese mass.
Cheese mass for lemon cheesecake
To prepare the cheese mass, we need a mixer. If there is no mixer, use a spatula or spoon. We work with a mixer at low speeds and quickly. So that air bubbles do not form in the mass.
In a bowl, combine cream cheese, milk, honey or maple syrup, tapioca flour, vanilla extract, juice, and lemon zest. Then add eggs one at a time and stir gently.
Now prepare the mold for the water bath. Wrap the outside of the form in two layers of foil. The foil on the walls should be higher than the sides of the pan. Pour the curd into a mold and tap lightly on the sides. So that the air bubbles rise up.
Then place the pan in the pan and pour in the water. The water must be hot. Better to have boiling water. The water in the pan should be at the level of the curd. Bake the cheesecake at 150 ° C / 300 ° F for 50 minutes. Do not open the oven during baking.
After the time has elapsed, we open the door and see what we have done. The cheesecake will be firm around the edges, and the middle will be slightly thin and shaky. This is fine. In the refrigerator, it will freeze all over.
Now turn off the oven and open the door 10 cm. So that the cheesecake cools down gradually. Let it sit for 30 minutes in the turned off oven. Then remove the pan and refrigerate the cheesecake to room temperature.
When the cheesecake has cooled, cover the mold with cling film and refrigerate for 5 hours. No frying pan. I made the cheesecake in the evening and left it in the fridge overnight.
Remove the frozen lemon cheesecake from the mold. Decorate with fruit or chocolate if desired. And we enjoy a delicious dessert.
Cheesecake Tips & Tricks
In the crust recipe, oat flour. I did not buy ready-made, but made from oatmeal, crushed in a coffee grinder. A blender is also suitable for grinding. But it will be longer.
You can also try baking cheesecake without a water bath. Sometimes it came out whole. Sometimes it bursts. In general, how it goes. Do as you like. Most importantly, do not open the oven door ahead of time.
Another point is parchment. Instead, lubricate the mold with oil or non-stick spray. It’s more convenient for me to use parchment.
Store lemon cheesecake for three days in the refrigerator and one month in the freezer.
That’s all. Gluten-Free Lemon Cheesecake is ready. As you can see, it is not so difficult to prepare it. Make this delicious dessert and write your comments.
Enjoy your meal!
Be healthy and love yourself!
Gluten-Free Lemon Cheesecake (Refined sugar free)Course: Gluten free
3/4 cup (80g) oat flour
0.5 cup (50g) almond flour
4 tablespoons refined olive oil
- Cheese mass
450g cream cheese
4 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
2 pcs chicken egg
2 tablespoons tapioca flour or cornstarch
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Turn the oven at 180 ° C / 350 ° F. Place the parchment in an 18 cm split mold. To the bottom and walls.
- Combine oat flour with almond flour and add refined olive oil.
- Place the dough on the bottom of the mold. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. When ready, remove the dish from the oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 150 ° C / 300 ° F
- Cheese mass
- Use a mixer or by hand to combine cream cheese, milk, honey, vanilla extract, lemon juice and zest, tapioca flour.
- Add eggs one at a time. Mix with a mixer at low speeds and not for long.
- Wrap the outside of the mold with two layers of foil.
- Pour the curd into a mold. And flatten it with a spatula. Tap the shape on the side several times. So that the air bubbles rise up.
- Place the tin with foil in the skillet. Pour hot water around the mold. The water on the outside should reach the top of the curd.
- Bake the cheesecake for 50 minutes at 150 ° C / 300 ° F
- Turn off the oven and open the door 10 cm. Leave the cheesecake to cool in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and cool to room temperature.
- Place the cheesecake pan in the refrigerator for 5 hours or overnight to set.
- After hardening, remove the cheesecake from the mold and enjoy a delicious dessert.
- Store lemon cheesecake for three days in the refrigerator and one month in the freezer.
- A glass for measuring ingredients 250 ml.