These Lemon Chocolate Vegan Cookies are chewy and delicious. The magical aroma of lemon peel and the rich taste of sugar-free chocolate. What could be tastier? Vegan cookie recipe without refined sugar.
Of all the desserts, cookies are probably the fastest to make. And you can come up with a recipe on the go. Each time you change some ingredients, you will get a new masterpiece.
And today we are going to make Lemon Chocolate Vegan Cookies.
Ingredients Vegan Cookies
The cookie recipe contains the usual ingredients. It is easy to replace them with any others.
- Whole wheat flour is the base of our cookies. It is rich in fiber and makes airy baked goods.
- Almond flour will give the cookies a delicious nutty flavor and texture. Don’t eat nuts? Add whole wheat flour instead. Slightly less than the recipe.
- Water or unsweetened vegetable milk. For example, oat milk.
- Refined olive oil. Any vegetable oil will do instead.
- A little sea salt to enhance the flavor. Optional.
- Baking powder for airiness of cookies.
- Use coconut sugar for sweetness. Or whatever you like best.
- Lemon zest. Use only the yellow portion of the lemon peel. The white part can give bitterness.
- Vanilla extract for flavoring cookies. Or vanilla powder.
- Chocolate chips. Take chocolate without refined sugar. I have a recipe for homemade dark chocolate on my website.
You will also need a baking sheet and parchment to make lemon cookies. And good mood!
How to Make Lemon Chocolate Vegan Cookies
Cookies cook very quickly. And we start with dry ingredients. In a bowl, combine whole wheat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, sea salt, baking powder, and chocolate chips.
Then add water, refined olive oil, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Mix everything well. The dry ingredients should come together in one lump. If the dough is thin and sticky, add flour.
Now we start laying the cookies on the baking sheet. Don’t forget the parchment. Choose the size and shape yourself. Bake the cookies for 15 minutes, until the center is firm. The baking time depends on the size of the cookie. Cool the finished cookies on a baking sheet to room temperature.
Vegan Cookies Tips & Tricks
Cookies are even tastier with unsweetened dark chocolate. That is, chocolate without sweetener. Then the taste of chocolate is more distinctly felt. And in combination with the aroma of lemon zest, a delicious taste is obtained.
If you decide to make gluten-free cookies, go for oatmeal. It can be made with gluten-free oatmeal. Grind the flakes in a coffee grinder or blender. The coffee grinder will produce faster and finer texture.
Store cookies in a sealed container on the counter for three days and seven days in the refrigerator. The next day, the cookies will become even softer in the container.
That’s all. Lemon Chocolate Vegan The cookies are ready. Do you like delicious cookies? Write in the comments.
Enjoy your meal!
Be healthy and love yourself!
Lemon Chocolate Vegan Cookies (Refined sugar free)
1.5 cups (200g) whole wheat flour
1 cup (100g) almond flour
150g water or unsweetened vegetable milk
4 tablespoons refined olive oil
1/3 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
50g sugar-free chocolate
1 teaspoon lemon zest
4 tablespoons (55g) coconut sugar
- Combine whole wheat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, sea salt, and chocolate chips.
- Add water or plant milk, refined olive oil, and lemon zest. Knead the dough.
- Form a cookie into any shape and place on a baking sheet. Place parchment on a baking sheet before doing this.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 180 ° C / 350 ° F. Chill the finished cookies on a baking sheet.
- Store cookies in a sealed container on the counter for three days and seven days in the refrigerator. The next day, the cookies will become even softer in the container.
- A glass for measuring ingredients 250 ml.
- Ingredient measuring cup 250 ml.