These Banana Lemon Muffins are delicious. The rich aroma of orange oil, banana and lemon peel is simply delicious. And don’t forget about the airy texture. These vegan muffins do not contain refined sugar. Banana Lemon Muffins are great for breakfast and snacks. For the preparation of this delicious dessert special ingredients.
Vegan Muffins Ingredients
To make muffins, you need eight ingredients:
- Whole wheat flour is the basis of the recipe. If you are gluten free, replace it with oatmeal.
- Almond flour. It gives the muffins a nutty flavor and an airy texture. It can be replaced with the same amount of whole grain wheat flour.
- Coconut sugar as a sweetener. You can use the sweetener you like.
- The liquid in the muffin recipe is coconut milk. This component is optional. Any plant-based milk or water will do.
- An indispensable part of the banana recipe. It acts as a flavoring and sweetener. With a banana, muffins get a magical flavor.
- Another fragrant couple in the recipe is lemon zest and orange oil. Add orange oil if available.
- And the baking powder completes our parade of ingredients.
We will also need a muffin tin and paper liners. If there is no insert, just grease the mold cells with oil.
How to make Banana Lemon Muffins
We start making muffins with technical preparation. First turn on the oven at 180°C/350°F. Then place paper liners in the molds or brush with oil.
Now let’s start cooking Banana Lemon Muffins. In a bowl, mix whole wheat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar and baking powder. Then, in a blender, grind the banana, coconut milk, orange oil and lemon zest. Instead of a whole banana, puree will do. In this case, a blender is not needed.
Then add the banana mixture to the flour. And mix everything. You should have a medium thick dough. Fill in the cells of the form with the finished test. I do this with a pastry bag. But you can get by with a tablespoon. I fill the inserts almost to the brim.
Bake muffins 20 minutes until toothpicks dry. Remove the finished muffins from the oven and cool in the mold.
Tips & Tricks
Store Banana Lemon Muffins in a container on the counter for three days and in the refrigerator for seven days. For longer storage, place the muffins in the freezer.
If you decide to use oatmeal, then you don’t have to immediately run to the store for this. It can be made from oatmeal. To do this, grind them in a blender or coffee grinder.
Prepare Banana Lemon Muffins and write your comments.
Enjoy your meals!
Be healthy and love yourself!
Banana Lemon Muffins ( Vegan | Refined sugar free)Course: Recipes, Vegan
1 cup (140g) whole wheat flour
0.5 cups (50g) almond flour
100g coconut milk
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
0.5 teaspoon lemon zest
2 drops orange oil (optional)
- Mix whole wheat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar and baking powder.
- In a blender, grind banana, coconut milk, orange oil and lemon zest.
- Add banana mixture to dry ingredients.
- Using a pastry bag or a tablespoon, fill in the cells of the mold. Before doing this, insert paper liners or grease the cells with oil.
- Bake 20 minutes at 180°C/350°F until toothpick is dry. Cool the muffins in the form on the table.
- Store Banana Lemon Muffins in a container on the counter for three days and in the refrigerator for seven days. For longer storage, place the muffins in the freezer.
- Cup 250ml