These Chocolate Banana Muffins are rich in chocolate flavor and aroma. Recipe for vegan and gluten-free muffins without refined sugar. Chocolate muffins are chewy and soft with a pleasant almond flavor.
These muffins are great for breakfast and snacks. Chocolate lovers will love them. Cooking such a delicious dessert will not take long. And you will be delighted with the result obtained.
Ingredients Chocolate Banana Muffins
- The main ingredient in muffins is gluten-free oat flour. If gluten isn’t a problem for you, use whole wheat flour instead of oatmeal. It also makes delicious muffins.
- Almond flour. It gives muffins their flavor and texture. I make almond flour myself. Simply grind the peeled almonds in a blender or coffee grinder.
- Banana puree. Banana gives any baked goods a magical flavor and a touch of sweetness.
- Tapioca flour or cornstarch.
- Coconut sugar as a sweetener. Use whichever sweetener you like.
- Cacao powder. You can’t do without it in our recipe. Alkalized cacao is best for baking. With it, muffins have a more intense aroma.
- Refined coconut oil. Use any vegetable oil instead.
- The liquid ingredient in the recipe is water or unsweetened plant-based milk.
- Baking powder for adding airiness to muffins.
- Dark chocolate without refined sugar. You can always make it yourself. It’s not difficult at all. I have a recipe for homemade dark chocolate on my website.
- Vanilla extract for aroma.
The ingredients for the recipe have been collected. Now let’s start making chocolate muffins.
How to make Vegan Muffins
First, let’s prepare a muffin baking dish. To do this, insert paper inserts into the cells of the form. If not, grease the mold with oil. Now we start making muffins.
We will do everything in one container. And let’s start by mixing dry ingredients. These include oat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, tapioca flour, cacao powder, and chocolate chips.
Then add the water, melted refined coconut oil, banana puree, and vanilla extract. Mix everything well.
Using a pastry bag, place the dough into the holes of the mold. I fill the paper inserts almost completely so that the muffins are higher. You can do this with a tablespoon. But it’s more convenient to do it with a pastry bag.
Bake vegan muffins in oven for 20 minutes at 180 ° C / 350 ° F until dry with a toothpick. Cool the finished muffins in the mold to room temperature. And enjoy a delicious dessert.
Recipe tips and tricks
Currently I use gluten-free flakes instead of oatmeal. Grind the oatmeal in a blender until it becomes flour. A coffee grinder is also suitable for this. Instant or old-fashioned cereal doesn’t matter. Take what you have.
Store Vegan Chocolate Banana Muffins in a tightly closed container on the counter for three days. In the refrigerator for seven days. True, they do not stay that long.
Make chocolate muffins and write your impressions. I look forward to your comments.
Enjoy your meal!
Be healthy and love yourself!
Chocolate Banana Muffins (Vegan, Gluten-Free)Course: Recipes
1.5 cups gluten-free oat flour
0.5 cups almond flour
100g banana puree
2 tablespoons tapioca flour
2 tablespoons steamed cacao
130g water or unsweetened vegetable milk
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
3 tablespoons refined coconut oil
1/3 cup (50g) chocolate chips
- Turn the oven at 180 ° C / 350 ° F. Place paper inserts in the holes of the form.
- In a bowl, combine oat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, tapioca flour, cacao powder, and chocolate chips.
- Add water, melted refined coconut oil, banana puree, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the dough into the wells of the muffin tin. Bake 20 minutes until toothpick dry. Then refrigerate on a wire rack to room temperature.
- Store Vegan Chocolate Banana Muffins in a tightly closed container on the counter for three days. In the refrigerator for seven days.
- Cup 250 ml