These chocolate muffins are vegan with no refined sugar. The magical aroma of cacao is complemented by a secret filling. Especially delicious warm muffins. It takes 8 ingredients and 30 minutes to prepare them.
Do you need to prepare a delicious dessert? Then the chocolate muffin recipe for that.
Let’s start …
Ingredients for muffins
To make homemade chocolate muffins, you need the following ingredients:
- Whole wheat flour. Spelled flour will do. Want to make a gluten-free dessert? Take oat flour. It can be made from oat flakes in a blender or coffee grinder.
- Cashew or almond flour. This flour is also easy to make at home. Don’t like nuts? Add whole grain flour instead.
- Vegetable oil in a muffin recipe. Take any: coconut, olive, or whatever you have. I use refined coconut and olive.
- Cacao powder makes our muffins chocolatey. The tastier the cacao, the more aromatic the dessert.
- The sweetener in the recipe is coconut sugar. You use what is.
- The water will be the liquid in the recipe. Any plant-based milk will work as well. We still have a vegan dessert.
- Baking powder will be the lift.
- Vanilla extract will add flavor.
Add a pinch of salt (optional) to enhance the flavor.
The ingredients have been prepared, now we turn to the magic of making a delicious dessert.
Yes, I almost forgot to mention the secret ingredient. This is frozen ganache. It must be prepared in advance. We will make it from chocolate without refined sugar and oat milk. How to make homemade chocolate, read on my website.
So let’s go.
Before making muffins, you need to make ganache.
Frozen Chocolate Ganache
Heat the oat milk to 50 ° C. The temperature is approximate. Accuracy is not important. The liquid should be slightly hot. Cut the chocolate into small pieces and add to the milk. Stir with a spatula and wait for the chocolate to melt.
If the mass cools and the chocolate stops melting, heat her up. With constant stirring, you will get a creamy mass. Pour the finished ganache into ice freeze molds. And put it in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Store frozen ganache in the freezer. Use as needed.
The ganache is ready. Let’s go to the muffins.
How to make homemade chocolate muffins
The process for making chocolate muffins is simple. We do everything in one container. First turn on the oven at 180 ° C / 355 ° F.
Then mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. These include whole wheat flour, cashew or almond flour, cacao, coconut sugar, and baking powder. Mix everything with a whisk so that there are no lumps.
Add water or vegetable milk, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract to the flour mixture. And mix everything well. The muffin dough is ready.
Now let’s move on to the baking dish. We put a paper insert in each cell. If there are no liners, lubricate the mold with vegetable oil.
Using a pastry bag, fill the cell by a third of the test volume. Put a cube of frozen ganache on top of the dough. And press it down slightly. Add more dough on top of the ganache.
In the cell, the dough should not reach the edge by 5 mm. Press the dough a little with a spatula. It will fill out the form.
We bake muffins for 20 minutes. When ready, remove the form from the oven.
That’s all. Our chocolate muffins are ready.
As you can see, making them is easy.
Make this delicious dessert and write your impressions.
Enjoy your meal!
Be healthy and love yourself!
Chocolate muffins (Refined sugar free | Vegan)Course: Chocolate, Vegan
100g whole wheat flour
30g cashew or almond flour
2 tablespoons refined coconut oil (melted)
120 g water or vegetable milk
½ teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons coconut sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cacao powder
6 cubes (75 g) ganache
In the ganache recipe, the volume with a margin
100 g sugar-free chocolate
100 g oat milk or any plant milk
- Turn the oven on at 180 ° C / 355 ° F.
- Combine whole wheat flour, cashew or almond flour, cacao, coconut sugar, and baking powder.
- Add water, melted coconut oil, vanilla extract to the dry ingredients.
- We put paper inserts in the cells of the form. Or grease the mold with vegetable oil.
- Using a pastry bag, fill the cell by a third of the test volume.
- Put a cube of frozen ganache on the dough. And press it down.
- Add more dough on top of the ganache. In the cell, the dough should not reach the edge by 5 mm. Press the dough a little with a spatula. It will fill out the form.
We bake muffins for 20 minutes.
- Chocolate ganache
- Heat the oat milk to 50 ° C. The temperature is approximate. Accuracy is not important. The milk should be a little hot.
- Chop the chocolate and add to the milk. Mix the mass until smooth. If the mass cools and the chocolate stops melting, heat her up. Stir until smooth.
- Pour ganache into ice freeze molds.
- We put in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Store frozen ganache in the freezer.