These Macadamia Lemon Vegan Muffins are flavorful and delicious. The rich taste of lemon zest and macadamia nuts are delicious. I haven’t made muffins for a long time. More and more cookies and bars. And now it was the turn of the muffins. The most important feature of the recipe is the lack of sweetener.
I have not used refined sugar, coconut sugar, or syrups. You will think that muffins are salty. But no, I did not do such an experiment. The sweetness of the muffins comes from dates. Making vegan muffins is quick and easy. They are good for breakfast and snacks.
Ingredients Macadamia Lemon Vegan Muffins
There are few ingredients in the muffin recipe. Some you can change as you wish.
- The base of the muffins is oat flour Gluten-Free.
- Macadamia nuts. Any nuts will work for the recipe. Pecans, walnuts, almonds. If you can’t afford nuts, just don’t put them in the dough. Muffins without nuts will be delicious.
- For sweetness, a few dates. I used small common dates.
- Water or unsweetened vegetable milk. For example, oat milk.
- Refined olive oil. Any vegetable oil will do. We have a vegan recipe.
- Corn starch.
- Lemon zest. For the zest, use only the yellow portion of the lemon peel. White flesh can give bitterness.
- Vanilla extract for aroma.
- And some baking powder for the airiness of the muffins.
We also need a muffin mold and paper inserts. You can do without paper inserts, but they are convenient for baking muffins.
How to Make Vegan Muffins (Gluten-Free)
First, pour hot water over the dates for 10 minutes. They will become softer and easier to peel. While the dates are wet, mix the dry ingredients. These include oat flour, chopped macadamia nuts, cornstarch, and baking powder. Chop the nuts in a blender or with a knife. As you wish.
Now let’s move on to dates. We extract the bones from them and remove the peel. Then we put the dates in a blender and turn into a homogeneous mass.
Send the finished date mass into a bowl of flour. Add water, refined olive oil, lemon zest and vanilla extract to it.
Mix everything well. Fill the form cells with the finished dough using a pastry bag. Don’t forget the paper inserts. Bake muffins for 20 minutes at 180 ° C / 350 ° F until toothpick dry.
Muffin Tips & Tricks
You can use gluten-free oatmeal in place of oatmeal. Grind the flakes in a blender or coffee grinder to flour. Instant oatmeal or old-fashioned oatmeal will do.
Dates can be substituted with any sweetener. Coconut sugar or maple syrup. Also works well for baking banana puree. Both sweetness and aroma.
Store muffins in an airtight container on the counter for up to three days and seven in the refrigerator.
Make Macadamia Lemon Vegan Muffins and write your impressions.
Enjoy your meal!
Be healthy and love yourself!
Macadamia Lemon Vegan Muffins (Gluten-Free)
1.5 cups gluten-free oat flour
0.5 cups minced macadamia nuts
10 pieces (70g) dates
3 tablespoons (30g) cornstarch
3 tablespoons refined olive oil
150g water or unsweetened vegetable milk
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Combine gluten-free oat flour, macadamia nuts, baking powder, and cornstarch.
- Soak dates in hot water for 10 minutes. Peel and punch. Then grind the dates in a blender.
- Add dates, water, lemon zest and vanilla extract to the flour mixture.
- Place paper inserts in the cells of the form. Use a pastry bag to fill in the cells of the form.
- Bake muffins for 20 minutes at 180 ° C / 350 ° F until toothpick dry.
- Refrigerate muffins in the pan to room temperature.
- Store muffins in an airtight container on the counter for up to three days and seven in the refrigerator.
- Ingredient measuring cup 250 ml