These Dates Chocolate Oat Bars are prepared without baking. The rich chocolate flavor and delicate almond texture make the bars delicious. They are gluten-free, vegan and contain no refined sugar.
These bars are quick and easy to prepare. To prepare them, you need only seven ingredients.
Ingredients Dates Chocolate Oat Bars
The recipe for the bars contains the usual ingredients. Some you can replace with your own.
- Gluten-Free oat flakes. The type of flakes doesn’t matter. I grind them in a coffee grinder anyway. I like the finer texture. You can also grind the flakes in a blender. In this case, the bars will have a coarser texture. Try different options and decide how you like.
- Almond flour. It’s easy to make it yourself. To do this, you need to clean the peel from the almonds and grind them in a blender or coffee grinder.
- Honey or syrup. Any syrup you have.
- Refined coconut oil. You can use regular coconut oil. But it will add its own flavor.
- Dates for sweetness and binding of flour ingredients. If there are no dates, add honey. Quantity is according to recipe.
- Sugar-free dark chocolate. I previously wrote how to cook it. You can find the recipe here.
- Cacao powder.
In addition to these ingredients, we need a 20×20 cm shape and parchment.
How to Make Gluten-Free Vegan Bars
The process of making the bars is very simple. First, fill the dates with hot water for 10 minutes. If the dates are drier, keep them in the water for more time. While the dates are getting wet, grind the oatmeal in a coffee grinder or blender. Then finely chop the dark chocolate. I prefer to grate it on a coarse grater. Do as you wish.
In a bowl, combine chopped oatmeal, almond flour, cacao powder and chocolate crumb.
Now back to our dates. We extract the bones from them and remove the peel. After being in hot water, the peel is easily removed. We send the peeled dates to a blender. Add melted or softened coconut oil to them and grind.
Add honey and dates with coconut oil to a bowl of flour mixture. Mix the whole mass well until the dry ingredients stick together.
We distribute the blank for the bars in shape and press down well. Then we put the mold into the freezer for 30 minutes to solidify. When the bars are solidified, remove them from the mold and cut them into pieces.
Store Dates Chocolate Oat Bars in the container in the refrigerator for up to seven days.
As you can see, making such a delicious dessert is not difficult. I recently did gluten-free vegan Plum Crumble Bars. It turned out very tasty. Try to cook and write your comments.
Enjoy your meal!
Be healthy and love yourself!
Dates Chocolate Oat Bars (Gluten-Free | Vegan)Course: Gluten free, Vegan
2.5 cups gluten-free oatmeal
0.5 cups almond flour
2 tablespoons honey or syrup
4 tablespoons refined coconut oil
2 tablespoons cacao powder
0.5 cups chocolate crumb
10 pcs (120g) medium-sized dates
- Pour hot water over the dates for 10 minutes.
- Grind the oatmeal in a blender or coffee grinder.
- Cut dark chocolate without sugar into small pieces. Or grate on a coarse grater.
- In a bowl, combine the oatmeal, almond flour, cacao powder, and chocolate crumb.
- Peel and seed the dates.
- Grind the dates with refined coconut oil in a blender.
- Add coconut oil dates and honey to a bowl of loose ingredients. Mix everything until smooth.
- Place the parchment on the bottom and sides in the mold. Spread the bar mass evenly over the mold.
- Place the mold in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Cut the frozen mass into pieces.
- Store Dates Chocolate Oat Bars in the container in the refrigerator for up to seven days.
- Glass 250 ml