These Pecan Dried Cranberry Bars with a rich nutty flavor are simply delicious. Soft, slightly moist texture with a slight sourness of dried cranberries. The bars are great for breakfast or a snack. You can take them with you to work or for a walk. This dessert is vegan and no refined sugar.
I got the idea to make Dried Cranberry Pecan Bars while making brownies. You can find the brownie recipe on my website. It will take 30 minutes to prepare vegan bars and a good mood.
Ingredients Pecans Dried Cranberry Bars
- Whole wheat flour. If you don’t use gluten, use oatmeal.
- Almond flour is not a meal. It’s easy to make at home. To do this, peel the almonds and grind them in a coffee grinder or blender. The grinder will grind finer.
- Refined olive oil. Any unscented vegetable oil will also work.
- Coconut sugar for sweetness. If you use syrup instead, add a little flour.
- Water or unsweetened vegetable milk.
- Dried cranberries. It gives a slight sourness, so it is best to leave it in the recipe.
- Pecans They are very aromatic. Baking with them turns out wonderful. Instead, you can take any nuts.
- Vanilla extract.
- Sea salt to enhance the flavor of the bars.
In addition to the ingredients for making Pecan Dried Cranberry Bars, you will need parchment and a 20×20 cm baking dish.
How to make vegan bars
First, fill in dried cranberries with hot water for 10 minutes. Then turn on the oven at 180 ° C / 350 ° F. While the oven is heating, combine whole wheat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, and sea salt in a bowl.
Add water, refined olive oil, vanilla extract, cranberries and pecans to the flour mass. The nuts must first be chopped. This can be done with a knife or in a blender. It turns out faster in a blender. Mix the whole mass until smooth.
The dough for the bars is ready and we are moving on to baking. Put parchment into the mold on the bottom and walls. Then distribute the dough over the shape. We bake the bars for 20 minutes. We check the readiness with a toothpick. There should be some dough on it. If the bars are over dried, they will be hard. And so they turn out to be slightly moist inside and soft.
When ready, remove the form from the oven and cool it on a wire rack to room temperature. After cooling, cut into pieces.
Store Dried Cranberry Pecan Bars in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to seven days. For long-term storage, put the bars in the freezer.
As you can see, making such a delicious dessert is very simple. Prepare and write your impressions.
Enjoy your meal!
Be healthy and love yourself!
Pecan Dried Cranberry Bars (Vegan)Course: Vegan
1.5 cups whole wheat flour
0.5 cups almond flour no almond meal
3 tablespoons refined olive oil
5 tablespoons coconut sugar
200g water or unsweetened vegetable milk
0.5 cups dried cranberries
0.5 cups pecans
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/3 teaspoon sea salt
- Pour dried cranberries with hot water for 10 minutes.
- Turn the oven at 180 ° C / 350 ° F.
- Put parchment on the bottom and walls in a 20×20 cm mold.
- Combine whole wheat flour, almond flour, coconut sugar, and sea salt.
- Use a knife or blender to chop the pecans.
- Add water, refined olive oil, dried cranberries, vanilla extract, and pecans to the flour mixture.
- Spread the dough evenly over the mold.
- Bake until there is some dough on the toothpick. My bars were baked for 20 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. And cut into pieces.
- Store Dried Cranberry Pecan Bars in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to seven days. For long-term storage, put the bars in the freezer.
- Cups 250 ml