These are chocolate almond cookies without refined sugar. I used gluten-free flour to make it. The cookies turned out with a crumbly texture. The recipe for this dessert contains only vegan products. Cookies are quick and easy to prepare. It is well suited for breakfast and snacks. By the way, on my website there is a recipe for a very tasty almond cookies with dried cranberries.
Chocolate almond cookies ingredients
The list of ingredients in the cookies recipe is not long. There is nothing exotic about it.
- Rice flour is one of the flour ingredients. Choose afine flour. Because the coarse flour will not have time to swell. Rice flour is not sticky. The cookies are crumbly.
- Almond flour is also included in the cookies recipe. It would be surprising if it wasn’t in the almond cookies. I make almond flour myself. To do this, grind the peeled almonds in a coffee grinder or blender. It is faster to do it in a coffee grinder.
- The cornstarch will bond the rice and almond flours.
- Cacao powder will give the cookie a magical flavor and aroma. I use alkalized cacao for baking. It has a richer taste.
- I chose coconut sugar as a sweetener. It has a low glycemic index. Use whatever sweetener you like.
- Sugar-free chocolate chips for garnish and extra flavor.
- A little bit of vanilla extract for flavor will come in handy for the cookie.
- Baking powder for lifting cookies . Although it does not rise much.
- One of the liquid ingredients is water. Unsweetened vegetable milk is suitable instead of water.
- Coconut oil completes the list of ingredients. I usually use refined oil. But today I mixed up the cans and put regular coconut oil in the cookies. It worked out well too. Replace coconut oil with any vegetable oil.
A long description of the ingredients came out. Now let’s move on to cooking.
How to make almond cookie
The cookies baking process takes 20 minutes. And we need one bowl. First, turn on the oven at 180 ° C / 350 ° F.
In a bowl, combine rice flour, almond flour, cornstarch, coconut sugar, cacao powder, and baking powder. Then add melted coconut oil, water or vegetable milk and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. And knead the dough. The dough should be soft and knead well with your hands.
We form cookies from the finished dough. Roll the balls and press down on the baking sheet with your palm. Put parchment on a baking sheet first. Choose the size and shape of the cookies yourself.
Put the chocolate chips on top of the cookies and press them down. The chips can be put into the dough while kneading. I forgot about it. And I added them already on top of the blanks.
We bake cookies for 10 – 12 minutes. When ready, remove the baking sheet from the oven and cool the cookies to room temperature.
That’s all. Our chocolate almond cookies are ready. Fast and tasty. Make this delicious dessert and write your comments.
Enjoy your meal!
Be healthy and love yourself!
Chocolate almond cookies Gluten-Free (Vegan | Refined sugar free)Course: Gluten free, Vegan
6 tablespoons rice flour
6 tablespoons almond flour
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 tablespoons coconut sugar
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 tablespoon cacao powder
1 tablespoon chocolate chips
70g cold water or vegetable milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Turn on the oven at 180 ° C / 350 ° F.
- Put parchment on a baking sheet.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Rice flour, almond flour, cornstarch, coconut sugar, cacao powder, and baking powder.
- Add water and melted coconut milk. Knead the dough.
- We form cookies of any shape and size.
- Put chocolate chips on top of the cookies and press them lightly into the dough. Chips can be added to the dough while kneading.
- We bake in the oven for 10 – 12 minutes. The baking time depends on the thickness of the cookie.
- Remove the finished cookies from the oven and cool on a baking sheet to room temperature.