These Whole Wheat Vegan Fruit Muffins are very airy. The pleasant fruity flavor makes the muffins delicious. The recipe for such a delicious dessert does not contain refined sugar. Muffins are quick and easy to prepare. To prepare them, you will need 6 ingredients and 30 minutes.
Vegan Fruit Muffins Ingredients
For this recipe, I decided to use frozen berries. They were close at hand in the freezer. Fresh fruits and berries are also suitable. You choose the option that is more convenient for you.
So the ingredients:
- Frozen or fresh fruit. Any will do. I used strawberries, blueberry, raspberries, black currants. The choice of berries is not critical.
- Whole wheat flour is a muffin base. If gluten-free flour doesn’t work for you, replace it with oat flour. The recipe for Gluten-Free muffins is on my website.
- I took Jerusalem artichoke syrup as a sweetener. It can be substituted with maple syrup, coconut sugar, or honey. Choose a sweetener of your choice.
- There is also refined olive oil in the vegan fruit muffin recipe. Any vegetable oil will do instead.
- Water or unsweetened vegetable milk in liquid ingredients.
- And a little baking powder will make the muffins airy.
We also need a muffin baking dish, paper inserts and a pastry bag. You can do without liners and a bag. But with them it is more convenient to cook muffins.
How to make Refined sugar free
We take out the berries from the freezer and let them thaw. If you have fresh fruit, skip this step.
Turn the oven on at 180 ° C / 350 ° F. Insert paper inserts into the mold cells or lubricate with oil. While the oven is heating up, we start making the dough.
Grind the berries with a blender. In a bowl, combine whole wheat flour with baking powder. Then add chopped berries, water, syrup and refined olive oil to the flour. We mix everything.
Using a pastry bag, fill the mold cells with dough. I fill the inserts almost to the brim. The muffins are then more lush.
We bake muffins for 15 – 20 minutes. We check the readiness with a toothpick. She should be without a test. Remove the finished muffins from the mold and cool to room temperature.
Store vegan fruit muffins in a sealed container on the counter for up to three days or refrigerated for up to seven days.
Make vegan muffins and share your experience.
Enjoy your meal!
Be healthy and love yourself!
Vegan Fruit Muffins (Refined sugar free)Course: Vegan
1 cup (120g) whole wheat flour
0.5 cups (100g) berries – blueberry, strawberries, raspberries, currants …
50g water or unsweetened vegetable milk
2 tablespoons refined olive oil
2 tablespoons Jerusalem artichoke syrup, honey, or maple syrup
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Turn the oven on at 180 ° C / 350 ° F.
- Insert paper inserts into the mold cells or lubricate with oil.
- Combine whole wheat flour and baking powder.
- Add water, refined olive oil, syrup and berries to the flour. Pre-grind the berries in a blender.
- Using a pastry bag, fill in the cells of the form.
- We put the form in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes. We bake muffins until dry toothpicks.
Cool the finished fruit muffins on the wire rack.
- Store vegan fruit muffins in a sealed container on the counter for up to three days or refrigerated for up to seven days.