This Apple Upside Down Cake is fluffy with a magical cinnamon scent. This vegan apple cake is made without refined sugar. Delicate banana sponge cake and baked apples will not leave you indifferent to this dessert. This dessert is perfect for breakfast or snack.
Today’s apple cake recipe was created as an experiment. I’ve made Apple Cake before. The difference between these recipes is that I made the first one in the oven. Today we will use a multicooker. What will come of this you will now find out.
Apple Cake Ingredients
To make Apple Upside Down Cake, you need the most common ingredients. The basis of our dessert is whole grain wheat flour. It is good for baking. Especially for muffins and a variety of pies. You can substitute all-purpose flour for whole wheat flour. To completely eliminate gluten, use oat flour.
Our recipe will use bananas as a sweetener. Bananas are a universal product. It gives sweetness and at the same time acts as a liquid in the recipe. Bananas must be ripe.
To make vegan dessert, we also need refined sunflower oil, baking powder, vanilla extract, apples, coconut sugar and cornstarch. Sunflower oil can be replaced with any vegetable oil.
In addition to the ingredients for cooking, you also need a multicooker and parchment paper. The diameter of the multicooker bowl is 21 cm. Before starting cooking, place parchment in the bowl on the bottom and sides.
How to Make Apple Upside Down Cake
We start the process of making dessert with apples. Peel the apples and remove seeds. Cut the apples into slices 3 – 5 mm thick. Then add coconut sugar and cornstarch to the apples. Stir gently until all the apples are coated with sugar and starch.
Next, place the apples in the bottom of the bowl, slice by slice, and sprinkle with ground cinnamon. Place the bowl of apples aside and begin the dough.
Using a blender, puree the peeled bananas and vanilla extract. Place the banana puree into a bowl. Then add refined sunflower oil, whole grain wheat flour and baking powder to the banana puree. Mix everything until smooth.
Place the finished dough in a bowl on top of the apples and smooth it out. Place the bowl in the multicooker and select the BAKE program. Bake the apple cake for 35 – 40 minutes at 135°C / 275°F. At the end of the program, remove the bowl from the multicooker and place on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
Then remove the cake from the bowl and place it on a plate with parchment paper. Next, cover the apple cake with another plate and turn the entire structure over. After this action, the parchment will be on top and can be removed.
Let the dessert cool for another 30 minutes and enjoy the deliciousness. Store the apple cake in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for 3 days.
As you can see, preparing this delicious dessert in a multicooker is very simple. By the way, apple cake can also be baked in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes at 180°C / 350°F.
Waiting for your comments.
Be healthy and love yourself!
Apple Upside Down Cake (Vegan | Refined Sugar Free)Course: Vegan
1.5 cups (180g / 6.3oz) whole wheat flour
200g / 7oz peeled bananas
5 tablespoons (50g / 1.8oz) refined sunflower oil or any vegetable oil
1.5 teaspoons (8g / 0.3oz) baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
250g / 8.8oz peeled apples
1 tablespoon (15g / 0.5oz) coconut sugar
1 tablespoon (10g / 0.4oz) cornstarch
- Peel the apples and remove seeds. Cut into thin slices. Add coconut sugar, cornstarch and mix everything.
- Place the apples in a multicooker bowl on parchment paper and sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- Grind bananas and vanilla extract in a blender.
- Place the banana puree into a bowl. Add vegetable oil, whole wheat flour and baking powder. Stir until smooth. Place the dough on top of the apples.
- In the multicooker, turn on the BAKE program. Bake the apple cake for 35 – 40 minutes at 135°C / 275°F.
- Cool the finished apple cake in the bowl on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Then remove the parchment lined cake from the bowl and place it on a plate. Cover the cake with another plate and turn the whole structure over. Remove the plate and parchment from the dessert.
- Cup 250 ml, tablespoon 10 ml, 1 teaspoon 5 ml.
- Form 21 cm (8 inches)
- Apple pie can also be baked in the oven for 25–30 minutes at 180°C / 350°F.
- Store Apple Upside Down Cake in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.